Thursday, September 13, 2018

Just one of those things...





This painting popped up on my Facebook feed today
from eight years ago.  I shared it on my page:

From 8 years ago and appropriate this week. This is my painting from a workshop that Amanda and I loved to do in Cape May. The wonderful teacher was Marge Chavooshian who just passed away. I was struggling painting houses and very frustrated. We set up on the sidewalk across the street and I just tried yet again. This was the painting from that afternoon. Funny how you can remember little details, but I remember that image unfolding on my paper to my surprise. Most of all, I remember the look on Marge's face when I handed it to her. She made me feel accomplished and proud. 
 I loved her for many reasons and that was one of them

How strange that this is what Facebook chose.  
Life is full of those strange little happenings that make you go "ahh".

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful--reminds me of Alice Steer Wilson, who I wish I could have taken lessons with too!
    I painted that house myself several times--loved it because it was white! But this is such a great, cool, minimalist interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Laura! Alice Steer Wilson was amazing. We saw an exhibit of her work at the Physick Estate last year(?) and I love the book Light,Particularly.

      Delete
  2. I paint en plein air with Diane Close and we will be getting together next week. Maybe you can join us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the invite,thank you, but plein air is not my thing. I'm spending next week matting & framing for a show and at a workshop on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. I keep trying, but I dont think plein air is my thing either! It rarely, if ever, produces a " good" painting, but I do like to be outside.
      Good luck with the framing. I hope you will let us know where the show is. I'd love to see it

      Delete