Wednesday, April 21, 2010

tree peony love


It's my favorite time of year, especially when the tree peony opens!



I wait so patiently for the buds to grow very slowly and open.
This year there were eight buds!



They were showing just a bit of pink yesterday,
but when I checked this afternoon....
                                                                                                                                                                         
 

I saw this...

 

and, oh my!, this...

 

and for much too short a time I have peony love!

7 comments:

  1. Carol..
    such beauties!
    I too could experience the same..
    if only I too had a peony..or two!
    hugs and laughing smiles..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, these are splendid! One of my favorites! Thank you for sharing!!

    ((hugs))
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The petals look so soft. I've also enjoyed taking pictures of all the spring blooms around my area, including ornamental trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is splendid, I love tree peonies, I wish we could grow them here. They just don't like my yard.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your peonies are beautiful. We have two bushes that were new last year and are finally going to bloom this year--can't wait! Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are beautiful! I just planted two peonies last week. Can not wait for them to bloom..although I guess it will be next year. :)

    ReplyDelete