Saturday, June 29, 2013

mugs




      watercolor      
8" x 10"

When we were in London in May, we stopped in Selfridge's.
I watched "Mr. Selfridge" on PBS this year and wanted to see the landmark
 store in person.  It was a quick stop, we were on our way to dinner.

 
But, oh my, I was just captivated by this display of 
Cath Kidston mugs!


The designs are so wonderfully vintage and colorful.
Of course, I didn't have my camera, so my daughter took these
quickly with her phone.
I thought about those mugs for the rest of the evening.

I don't need another mug in my kitchen so I didn't buy any.
How could I possibly have chosen anyway?

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors and designs. A mug for a morning "cheer up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I see what you mean about choosing... Love the painting... Love it. you could have gotten one of each.. ha ha.. love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is beautiful. You handle the patterns so accurately yet without a feeling of fuss or strain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some gorgeous cups! Who wouldn't want to drink a "nice cup of tea" out of one of those.

    ReplyDelete