Monday, March 2, 2015

hydrangea bouquet progress

(I figured out how to make a circular watermark!)

slow progress on my newest painting.
That's just the way I paint.

I photographed it against the wall that it's going on in my living room.
The blossoms are all in cobalt, cerulean & a mix of the two.
I think I'm going to be happy with the finished painting.  Still a way to go, though.

 I never paint on an easel, always flat or on a slight incline on my table. 
This is a full sheet of watercolor paper stapled onto Gatorboard...bulky to deal with.
I was tired of wrestling with it on my painting table so I brought 
everything into the sun room to work on the bigger table.
Still not right until I propped it on the cat tower.

Perfect.

Jack meowed at me several times but then settled into a chair.

I still don't like standing up to paint.
Maybe this will hurry me along.

4 comments:

  1. That is very pretty! Great idea with the cat tower...lol, even though Jack wasn't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting of the hydrangeas will look stunning Carol..
    Its coming along super.
    I cannot paint watercolor standing up. My oils I do.
    looking forward to seeing it on your wall.
    happy painting
    val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, you know I didn't notice the cat tower at all. All I saw was the lovely painting!!! Beautiful, love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finished painting will look great - I love the colour

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete